10 October 2007

Writing Prompts for Journal Writing and Other Activities

At the beginning of each class, I have my students write on a topic of the day. Also, I've begun having my students write compositions. Therefore, I need writing prompts. I found these on the web:

* Writing Prompts/ Journal Topics in CanTeach (these aren't meant for elementary students, but many of the writing prompts can be used in secondary classrooms, too.)

* An interactive page of Creative Writing Prompts in CreativeWritingPrompts.com

* Writing Prompts from EverydaySpelling.com

* Daily Writing Prompts from TheTeacher'sCorner.net includes PDF documents that you can print!
y Writing Prompts
...and many more can be found by doing a Google Search.

Suggestion: As with my sponge activities, I've created a folder for lesson plans. I could put these prompts either in lesson plans or in sponge activities folders based on how I used them.

No comments: