10 October 2007

Sponge Activities

I've been running out of stuff to do in my classroom. I've discovered that wasted time leads to classroom management problems. So I've been looking for "sponge activities" to soak up that extra time. Below are sites that offer these type of activities:

* Sponge Activities from InspiringTeachers.com

* Sponges from Dr. Mora's Cross Cultural Language and Academic Development (CLAD) website.

* Don't Waste a Minute!, Five Minute Fillers Archives (40 volumes), Substitute Survival: Mini-Lessons for Unexpected Moments, Word-Zles and Ten Games for Classroom Fun! - all from Education World

* Sponge Activities from the Northside Independent School District

... and there are many more sites on the web that I found by just doing a Google Search.

Suggestion: I've created a folder for just sponge activities. As I have come across a good activity I either print or copy it and put it in the folder. I've placed the folder behind my desk so that I can access it anytime that I need something to do.

No comments: